After multiple attempts to install the 3rd party gear, I ultimately decided to return the gear for a rebuild. John was extremely helpful in working through the entire process. I spent several hours measuring holes on the S20 fuselage. However, as time passed, more questions began to surface regarding the accuracy of my measurements for the rebuild. Considering that I used a simple tape measure, I couldn’t guarantee all measurements would be exact enough to reduce the risk of starting over a 3rd time. Ultimately, I decided to return the 3rd party gear and move forward. Here are several pics before and after painting. All bolts were torqued to 140 inch-pounds for AN5 bolts and 190 inch-pounds for AN6 bolts.
I am now getting ready to install the brake lines in the back groove of each gear leg. Just like many many other mistakes I’ve made, I probably should have tested the brake line install into the groove before I painted. Now I have some sanding to do in the groove to get the lines installed.